Sunday, March 25, 2012

24/03/2012

had the nicest day getting to know south east london yesterday.

first i went to brockley market where i got a sourdough donut filled with lemon curd from the london particulars to go with my free coffee from [nice coffee bros] in the far corner of the market. i didn't realise my friend ellie worked there so i got to catch up and have a chat to her over the goods at the honest carrot's stall. after hanging around and sort of helping her pack up, i continued my journey on into deptford, where i used my south london art map to help me navigate the streets. 

unfortunately the map didn't warn me of the bountiful amount of vintage shops around. i ended up buying a lil book about the prehistoric era which i am going to send to stacey.


then i was in deptford suddenly, walking up the high street market which was as most markets in london seem to be: a mixture of horrible clothes, toiletries, carpets, batteries, linens, plastic smelling shoes and so on. but when i got closer to the train station i found this flea market where i bought a fun velvet cardi with gold buttons and beads. i also stumbled upon this craft park thingy. 


 hip ass kids selling cool clothing probably at prices I can't afford. Just walked around here with a big smile on my face feeling so happy about life. especially when I went into this place called Utrophia which seems like it has a zine store attached to it yay. 



felt slightly creeped out when I went into an asian grocer's on deptford high street because there was a bucket of chicken's feet. just caught me off guard. 


sat in the sun outside the Laban which I had to google on the spot because it felt like the reason why Charlie Brooker made the Black Mirror series.. there were these >5 y/o girls playing with their dads running around topless.. felt a bit strange until I realised it was a gym/dance/movement school.



went into some other galleries (which I always say in my head as gay-erie via simon pericich) aided by my SLAM & this lil helpful ladybird. 


then I walked back to New Cross Gate to get the train home and I bought some dried fruit and a 'courgette' from a grocer's and the guy was like 'what are you going to do with that combination of things' and I said I was going to try making granola with the fruit and scones with the courgette and I had to say scones different to I usually do because my accent made it sound dumb. 


um so everything here is beautiful and wonderful, I love it. when I got the train back to Crystal Palace I saw the dinosaurs in the park there for the first time and they looked great, I can't wait to go meet them

No comments:

Post a Comment